Thursday, January 24, 2008

Raped by the Big Blind with AA

I was playing on a six-hand NL$5 table in the small blind. Since it was a new table, I had little info on the other players.

Everyone folded before me. Since I had K7o, I felt I had a half-decent hand to steal the blinds and so raise 2.5BB. Big Blind re-raises 11BB, and I interpreted the raise as disrespect and so call.

Flop misses. BB raises 25BB. I felt he was bluffing. But I should've folded here.

Turn is a King, and I hit a KK pair. I now feel I've got the Big Blind trapped, as chances are he's playing a crap hand being BB. I go all-in. BB calls.

BB has AA pair. I die.

I should have folded on the flop. At that point I had nothing, but the BB was still confident enough to raise. I had assumed he hit a low pair on the flop...

Live and learn...


$5 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, January 24, 07:51:22 ET 2008
Table Table 127739 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: HaWi_25 ( $5.42 USD )
Seat 5: Shvetsman88 ( $5.47 USD )
Seat 7: ShaoLindaPKR ( $1.86 USD )
Seat 10: gibsonhase ( $6.22 USD )
Seat 4: floyd_gehrig ( $5.41 USD )
Seat 6: LukasJay ( $4.96 USD )
floyd_gehrig posts small blind [$0.02 USD].
Shvetsman88 posts big blind [$0.04 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to floyd_gehrig [ 7c Ks ]
LukasJay folds.
ShaoLindaPKR folds.
gibsonhase folds.
HaWi_25 folds.
floyd_gehrig raises [$0.10 USD]
Shvetsman88 raises [$0.44 USD]
floyd_gehrig calls [$0.36 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 5h, Td ]
floyd_gehrig checks.
Shvetsman88 bets [$1 USD]
floyd_gehrig calls [$1 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
floyd_gehrig bets [$3.92 USD]
Shvetsman88 is all-In.
floyd_gehrig is all-In.
** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
floyd_gehrig shows [ 7c, Ks ]a pair of Kings.
Shvetsman88 shows [ Ac, As ]a pair of Aces.
Shvetsman88 wins $0.06 USD from side pot #1 with a pair of Aces.
Shvetsman88 wins $10.28 USD from the main pot with a pair of Aces.

No comments: