Monday, January 21, 2008

Experiment with multi-tabling NL$5 with four tables

This afternoon I decided to experiment with multi-tabling by stepping down from NL$10 to NL$5 on PartyPoker and play four tables simultaneously. PartyPoker currently has a reload bonus that can only be released within a seven day frame, so playing many hands quickly is essential to extract the most out of that bonus.

The results of my experiment? Not so promising. Since I was multi-tabling, it was impossible to be clever with my plays and so I stuck to aokrongly's generic 19 starting hands, and played aggressively whenever I had top pair on the board or there was a hostile flush draw.

I had initial success trapping a few people with +ve all-ins, but because I was playing so conservatively consistently, I guess everyone folded whenever I raised. In the end, the pots I won were small, and the blinds were silently nibbling me to death.

I only played around 600 hands, but I don't see much value in continuing this experiment. When I do reload (hopefully tomorrow), I'll probably just aim for a modest amount and just play two tables, one NL$10 for the cash and one NL$5 for the bonus points.

Here are the BB/100 graphs for NL$5 and NL$10 respectively.

NL$5



NL$10

No comments: